Home » Audio » Speaker » Some simple Array questions
Re: Some simple Array questions [message #22967 is a reply to message #22965] Sun, 09 April 2006 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eric is currently offline  Eric
Baron
Jim,

Thanks again for the reply.

I will need a center channel for SACD and DVD-A. Those are strictly Analog formats so there is no way for me to use a phantom center channel. On the digital side I could but not for those 2 formats.

In your last sentence, did you mean to say Start with a 2 array, and then build a 3? The last sentence contradicts itself so I assume you meant the other way around.

This sounds like exactly the way to go and I appreciate your help.

Now the hard question...will the 2 or 3 sound "better" than my 7002's? I know its a bad question to ask but from a purely technical standpoint. If the 2 is going to be good enough to exceed my 7002's I'd probably do that to keep the wife happy for now

That way I'll have some money left over to do a bigger and better sub.

What DIY sub do you recommend to match upto either the 2 or the 3?

How well will my 135watt Yamaha RX-V2600 run the array? I assume an amp is prefered but how soon is it neccessary?

Amps are voodoo to me. If my Yamaha will produce decent sound I'd rather do that first, build the rears too, center, and then look at going from there.

Another question then. Better sound, 2 with a good amp setup, or 3 running strictly off of the Yamaha?

I wish I had looked into this more before I purchased my setup. Most people are amazed by the setup but after listening you start to nitpick things that could be improved upon.

Thanks,

Eric

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message