Home » Audio » Speaker » 3-way arrays
Re: 3-way arrays [message #22367 is a reply to message #22365] Thu, 11 November 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Allan is currently offline  Allan
Chancellor
Hi Bill - thanks for the response.

"...so dwarfed the sound of my previous MTMs that I built the arrays to have something that could keep up with the SPL of the sub."

I'm already fixed with a pair of subs that match the efficiency of the arrays too. This is the current setup (notice the tweeters on the inside) and after a coupla months of trial and error tweaking and modifying the array, it sounds rediculously good I started out open baffle but ended up closing them (not exactly sealed though) with fiberglass and 1 inch thick insulation foam on the backs to attenuate the back wave - just not enough room in here to let them operate as OB's.

The problem I have is the gap between the subs and the NSB's (or any other mid) that needs to cross higher than 100Hz. I'd like to play with some 3 inch mids, but I need something between them and the subs.

"If you do array you won't need tens to do it, investigate 8s, and look for closeouts."

Yeah, I intend to do that. I'm probably going to find some cheap Goldwoods or some such to check it all out. Thanks again for your input.

Allan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: need suggestion for EV problem
Next Topic: Doping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 01:14:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations