Home » Audio » Speaker » Tweeters? More or Better.....
More Comments on Tweeters [message #22350 is a reply to message #22349] Tue, 19 October 2004 21:08 Go to previous message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
Bill,

Good catch on the Stryke planar part number--it is the SA-RTW2. I'm not familiar with their dome tweeter so all I can not add much to how it might work.

I think that 8 Pt2's per side would be nice and you can work the crossover issues in the 2000-2300 Hz area. The Rt2 has a peak in this area and wants to roll-off below 2000 Hz. So a 4th order acoustic would be ideal plus it should reduce the small peak a bit on the low end. My data on the Silver Flute YAG20's is that they tail off about 5 dB between 2000 and 20,000 Hz. They do have a few dips along the way but all excursions are within that 5 dB window. Plus or minus 2.5 dB over that range isn't too bad plus you can equalize some of that rolloff within the crossover network. Now a true ribbon tweeter will do better but would cost 5 times a Pt2. The Pt2's aren't the ultimate but good enough to function well in a line array.

You really need to read the white paper before you get too far along on your array.

Jim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Home Theater line array's
Next Topic: Kleinhorn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 16:50:55 CDT 2024