Home » Audio » Speaker » Tweeters? More or Better.....
Commetns on Tweeters [message #22348 is a reply to message #22345] Tue, 19 October 2004 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master

Bill,

The P-E Pt2, the Madisound Silver Flute YAG20-1 and the Stryke SA-TW1 are essentially the same tweeter so purchase on best price/availability. The Silver Flutes are used in the Linus 2 line array (the larger array in the attached photo and contact Rick Craig at www.selahaudio.com for info). I would worry a bit as the 7" woofers really need to be crossed no higher than 2000 Hz so mating to the planars would be a little bit tricky but very doable. The Linus 2 crosses at 2300 Hz from Vifa TC14's to the planars. The planar tweeters need to be mounted in a slot cutout without gaps. I would use 8 to 9 per side to get the vertical coverage (standing and sitting), extend the near field , and to equalize the in-room power response between the woofer and tweeter lines.

As explained in my Near Field Line Array white paper it is difficult to get small enough/good enough dome tweeters to work well through 20 kHz without combing. I avoid them for that reason.

Ribbon tweeters such as the Fountek JP-2's, Aurum Cantus G3, Raven R2, etc. would take your the sound quality of your array to the next level but likely your budget would be far exceeded.

Jim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Home Theater line array's
Next Topic: Kleinhorn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 08:11:49 CDT 2024