Home » Audio » Speaker » questions on array wiring and such....
Re: Answers on Array Wiring [message #22222 is a reply to message #22221] Mon, 16 August 2004 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
HOMEMADE is currently offline  HOMEMADE
Esquire
Hi Jim , and thank-you for your response. I thought my idea of wiring all tweeters in parallel might not be the way to go. I was hoping for a very simple(?) assembly for this project. I have looked over your white paper and I'm trying to absorb all the theory. I want my first attempt to be inexpensive(cheap). I purchased 100 2x3.5" drivers from Styke audio(.60ea.), and plan on starting with a design he has.PE has the tweeters (.32ea), which look to have a 1" pole on the back . 1" holes should not be to bad. I have subs that I can c/o @150hz , so I might take an easy route and use a folded OB. I have been playing with some short lines(36")and I do like what I here , using 5" coaxial car speakers. I do beleive if I find this set-up to have merit , I'll most likely try one of the proven designs available. I am quite happy about the array gain on the tweeters; to bad about the wiring. Paul

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Modify or remanufacture?
Next Topic: Bill Fitzmaurice, How's your Line Array hybrid coming along?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 14 21:02:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio