Home » Audio » Speaker » for Jim Giffin
Re: for Jim Giffin [message #22201 is a reply to message #22200] Sat, 07 August 2004 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
Cliff,

Thanks for the fine words. I'll try to live up to them.

On the DIY front I will attend the Dayton (Parts Express sponsored) DIY speaker event on October 23rd in Springboro, Ohio and likely the Atlanta area DIY event (date not established as far as I know but this fall). I'll likely bring the Linus 2 array to Dayton and the Needles array to Atlanta. In Dayton I will give a workshop on line array design. For what it is worth Rick Craig of Selah Audio will be in Des Moines for the Iowa DIY speaker event (October 23rd) and will show off his Omegarray design (built by Jim Holtz) on the 22rd.

I can not help you on the EROS design. I haven't built the EROS. Perhaps you confuse me with Jim Gutterman (Jim G on the Parts Express forum).

I'm thinking of an open baffle line array but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Dipole speakers have both their pluses and minuses so I'm still weighing what I can accomplish that would be different and better than past work.

Let us hear about your projects as you progress.

Jim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lowther / Fostex
Next Topic: Straight 8