Home » Audio » Speaker » Under $500 Line Array Choices
Two Interesting Responses [message #22153 is a reply to message #22149] Wed, 14 July 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT300B is currently offline  FredT300B
Chancellor
Different in many regards, but they agree about the fact that I don't have to settle for a single tweeter.

Bill, I can't argue with your thinking. You can build an array for a lot less than $500 that will give you much listening enjoyment. I built an array using Vifa/JBL buyout midbasses but with one tweeter for $275 total counting everything, even the mdf. But as much as I like it, it's not in the same league as my Linus 2 arrays.

Jim, I hadn't thought of the Linus I. You are so right about not spending $500 for a single tweeter array when for about $100 more you can have a full woofer/tweeter array with drivers that are currently in production. I heard some very similar MCM woofers (#55-1870 I believe) in a Bottlehead Straight 8 I built a few years ago, and they are not bad at all. I read somewhere the original Linus I plans are available, but I have not seen them. Are they on a webpage somewhere?

But what if someone were operating on a real-world, kids-to-clothe, bills-to-be-paid budget and $500 would be their absolute top spending limit for everything? Would an array using the $14.25 Silver Flute woofers and a single good quality tweeter be a worthwhile project? What tweeter would be a good candidate?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Martinelli FIRENZE
Next Topic: Eminence LA6
Goto Forum: