Home » Audio » Speaker » Baffled by Baffles....
Re: Baffled by Baffles.... [message #21981 is a reply to message #21979] Thu, 19 June 2008 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gfederys is currently offline  gfederys
Baron
The baffles are going to be, (well, I ALREADY have the plywood so they ARE) 20" X 25" with just slightly radius corners for aesthetic purposes. They are going to be mounted to some 1.5" X 1.5" steel speaker stands I made a while back, and I plan on having the center of the mid/tweeter setup @ ear level. I was going to add 1" X 3" oak "wings" on the back, running the length of the baffle, for bass extension and OB bracing. I'm running the array on some "test baffles" right now, with a first order crossover and my 2A3/45 amp. VERY engaging and lifelike on jazz music and simple stuff. Thanx for all the replies about the offset tweeters. I guess I'll take the expert advice and put the array inline, one above the other. (tweeter on top). Once they're completed, the next step will be to look for a design and build a "box" for the 12" powered sub/woofer. Something more for detail and realism as opposed to a "hooptie" sound.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message