Home » Audio » Speaker » Garage Sales Find
Re: Garage Sales Find [message #21530 is a reply to message #21512] Tue, 30 May 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Akhilesh,

Can't tell you how they compare to other vintages as these are the only ones I've come across. In the cabinets that they came in, they sound very good. Overall tone is bright with emphasis on the upper midrange. Bass is muddy and starts to roll-off early, I think due to the poor quality of the cabinet. There seems to be more bass radiating out from the cabinet than the driver and ports. Vocals are excellent, smooth, sweet and dynamic. I like speakers that make vocals pop and this driver does it very well. On sensitivity, I would peg it at around 93 to 95 dB/w/m.

Despite its tonal unbalance, there something special about it that draws you into the music. No flash, flares or sizzle, just a very intimate presentation.

I haven't decided on what to do with these drivers. Build a cabinet for a stand-alone, or to integrate with a sub and UHF. Either way, I'm definiately keeping these for myself.

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message