Home » Audio » Speaker » A little article about a BLH....why go to the trouble.....
Re: Mouth Area and Cut-Off Frequency [message #21263 is a reply to message #21261] Fri, 26 August 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Retsel is currently offline  Retsel
Chancellor
Thanks for the suggestion and some day I may try one, and if I do I would just try to borrow one to see if I would like it.

I am skeptical. I am skeptical because I am much more sensitive to transparency then most audiophiles. I work to remove as much from the signal path as possible. For example, years ago when people were raving about the Genesis digital lens, I tried one in my system and immediately removed it because it reduced the transparency of the sound.

In recent years I have been soldering or terminating my speaker wires and interconnects directly to my components to avoid the RCA connectors or speaker binding posts which rob the sound of its transparency. I wired my SACD player to remove all resistors from the signal path. I go directly from the digital chip through a set of mu metal transformers to the output. Thus, I am pretty aware of what I would like and what I would not like. I probably would not tolerate such a device in the signal path.

The upshot from taking these actions is that the sound from my system is amazing.

Retsel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Array with Aurum G1 and Extremis?
Next Topic: Bass horn pic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 16:21:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout