Home » Audio » Speaker » Diatone
Re: Diatone [message #21217 is a reply to message #21200] Thu, 11 August 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
I got three pair of P-610MB from Koji when they were closing out. Rolled over on one in a drunken stupor, so I now have 2½ pairs.  Idiot.  They were the original designated driver for my SuperPipe:

Ta Dah!

As you will see in the page, I do not consider this a true fullrange, though some important sources will disagree.  In my Very Small opinion, they are the absolutely best widerange I have heard.  From 80Hz - 12KHz, they have the best sound I have ever heard in a speaker.  You hear difficult to reproduce (steelstring or classical guitar, grand piano, tenor sax, human voice) instruments you are familiar with through these things, you will catch your breath.  It's so real.  The high color of timbre throughout the range surpasses anything I have heard.

I'm trying to decide what to do with these.  My current thought is to biamp; use some ANIMAL 18" woofer on one amp for the bottom, the Diatone fullrange with a supertweet on a ~1µF cap on a nice little tube amp for the rest of the range.  This might be the Sound We Strive For.

You want to know what I think of these, as a potential resource?  I have two pairs.  I will sell you one of these pairs (leaving me the odd one as a spare) for $10,000.

Make that $20,000.

Poinz

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Probably a dumb question, but I'm old (and new....)
Next Topic: macintosh xrt 29
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 20:51:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout