Home » Audio » Speaker » Lowthers DX2: First Impressions
Thanks for the kind words and a couple encouraging corrections [message #20906 is a reply to message #20874] Wed, 11 May 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
Akilesh,

Thanks the kind remarks on Mark's AN rig. Mark, you and your son all clearly have excellent taste!

The prices and weights were a bit overstated, though.

The Conquest amps come in three versions, std, Silver and Silver Sig. They are $9k, $11k and $15.5k respectively. I believe Mark has the std version. They weigh about 50lbs each. I'm really glad they're mono and not a single stereo unit! Audio Note's 300B amps start at $3,275 assembled, with kits even lower.

Mark has the E/L speakers, which are an older version using the L speaker cable and housed in a chipboard cabinet. You are right about the pricing in that the current production speakers start around $4k with a Russian ply cabinet and Lexus cable. Again, kits are available for considerably less.

There are a couple more pairs of E/L former dealer demos (same as Mark's) available at a very nice price. If anyone is interested, please contact me off-line.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DQ-10 speakers
Next Topic: Ready on the firing range (pic)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 18:32:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio