Home » Audio » Speaker » need suggestion for EV problem
Re: Doping? [message #20505 is a reply to message #20504] Tue, 19 October 2004 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Dave,
Thanks for humoring my speculative suggestion. Given the pricelessness of the drivers, it may make sense to look at
a) the equations to see the effects the driver mass distribution has on the frequency reproduction.
b) It may actually make a difference if you just doped a circular segment on the driver, as opposed to the whole driver if very little mass addition were required. ...one would have to calculate the added mass because of the varnish to decide how many coats were needed.
c) Another question willl increasing the mass reduce the relative peak, or will the entire spectrum shift the same....again the equations will tell us this. My guess is that added mass will reduce the resonant frequency, and if the peak is due to some sort of resonance it will probably change.
Anyone reding this post should be aware that I am just a hobbyist, and not an acoustic engineer. These are just speculative thoughts in my mind that I am sharing since this is a hobby forum. Folk like Martin & Wayne on this forum have much more seriously developed knowledge in the area, and will probably be able to comment on whether the doping idea will work.
Just my 2 cents.
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message