Home » Audio » Speaker » fostex design search results
Re: Right on [message #20448 is a reply to message #20447] Thu, 23 September 2004 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TC is currently offline  TC
Baron
>>> "Why all the fuss for connecting one amp to one coil??"

==Every passive element adds a sonic signature period. Measurable and audible. Coil, resitor, etc.. The difference is easily heard provided the system has sufficient resolution from start to finish.

>>>There are several benefits for biamping and triamping, and most don't have anything to do with load impedance, response shaping or speaker voicing.

==Well you can look at it that way. In fact multi amping serves to mitigate the detrimental effects of all the items youv'e accumulated above.

>>>Those are separate issues, and they shouldn't be confused as being related.

==Impedance and response shaping issues and back EMF, oh my. Power compression and electric phase accuracy and arrival time. All represent the final load and circuit issues. What comes out of the cone is the culmination of all of these and more. Of course they are all interrelated.

You cannot seperate the amp circuit from the speaker in cause/effect scenarios. Amps do not sound the same, and change their sound with different loads.

I apply no desclaimers or apologies in advance for metiocre sound, my results are predictable.

TC

==

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message