Home » Audio » Speaker » Ping Martin King
Re: Ping Martin King [message #20413 is a reply to message #20409] Thu, 16 September 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Hi akhilesh,

I answered your post once already but it seems to have disappeared.

Over the past couple of years, I have collected a lot of the significant papers writen by the recognized authors in the horn field and put them in my personal notes. I have also visited a lot of the Internet sites covering horn design downloaded the design methods and included them in my personal notes. But after reading all of this body of work I could not find a common method for designing a horn. Some of this is probably due to my inexperience. But in other cases I found several different methods for sizing the coupling volume. So I decided to make my own pass through the theory. This resulted in the series af articles I have recently added to my site. There are more articles to come as I look at different areas in more detail. My method for designing a horn is going to evolve more as I continue to learn.

You asked :

"I believe there have been papers published on horn design. Are you extending this work, borrowing from it, or starting from scratch to make up your own model?"

The answer to your three questions is :

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I think that my MathCad quarter wavelength methods are going to allow me to look at various aspects of horn design and theory in more detail then what is included in all of the classic papaers.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message