Home » Audio » Speaker » New: First Watt amplifiers by Nelson Pass
Re: Tube amps and SS amps may be indistinguishable! [message #20259 is a reply to message #20256] Thu, 05 August 2004 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TC is currently offline  TC
Baron
>>Maybe the whole tube amp hoop-la is to do with its interaction effects, (which can be negated with properly designed passive circuits in a highly efficient speaker), plus of course the usual HYPE of the audio vendors/reviewers. Hmmm...makes me think

==I want your prescription.

>>What do i do with my 4 tube amps?

==Sell on a-Gon to get more prescription.

>>Also, the whole 1 watt amp thing...to me it's just the usual audio hype.

==Well it is really a NO watt amp except the minute impedance he adds to the output creates miniscule voltage swings. Study power supply design to find the virtues of low power. What the engineers cannot measure is musics dynamic contrasts. NP knows this and does not try to point to grahs and explain this. His music is his guide.

I thought you liked the sound of 45's. 45's have some of the highest leverage against a voice coil resulting in excellent clarity. 45's are about the closest you will come to a no-watt amp.

>>The fact that some vendors are "excited" about this and call it a "breakthrough"...well... i can tell you what i think they are excited about, and it begins with a D----- and is colored green.

== Spliff? ah, prescription filled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBL Project pt2: We now have stereo!
Next Topic: Push-Pull horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 03:25:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout