Home » Audio » Speaker » Need Help understanding Fostex Line.
Need Help understanding Fostex Line. [message #19950] Thu, 15 April 2004 12:46 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've been finding the ideas of building a 3-way speaker around a high-efficent extended midrange driver very appealling. Stretch a midrange out on either end as far as possible, and supplement with a sub and super tweeter. I've started doing some research on what's available in midrange pro-drivers, but believe that full-range drivers such as Fostex can also be an excellent choice.

Problem is, Fostex has a lot of drivers, and their websites do not do a very good job in explaining the differences between all their lines. Would anyone on this board familiar with the Fostex line be able to give me a head-start?

I'm not too concern about digging deep into the bass region, so I don't think I need anything complicated like TLine for backloaded horns. Just something simple like closed-box or BR. A range of 100Hz to 5KHz would be nice.

From what I can gather, the Sigma line is best suited for back-horns while the FF drivers are suited for BR. As for the FE drivers, I've seen these used in both configurations. What are their PS drivers like?

One last thing. There seems to be inconsistencies with the Qts specs of some of these drivers on the web. Posts in this forum indicated that FE drivers do well in BR due to their high Qtd, the the spec sheets on Fostex's site rates the Qtd quite low (less than 0.2).

thanks,
Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Linus or Bessel? And wassup with these crossover numbers?
Next Topic: Questions on Midrange Drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 00:25:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout