Home » Audio » Speaker » Building YOUR single driver speaker:
Re: Building YOUR single driver speaker: [message #19858 is a reply to message #19857] Fri, 19 March 2004 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Hi akhilesh,

I did not mean to imply that all BR are boomy, but it is not too hard to have a homemade design end up being a little boomy. With a TL the stuffing helps overcome and uncontrolled resonance so it is hard to achieve a boomy response.

I would love to try my Lowther design with a tube amp. I would show up with a bag of resistors and adjust the response to an optimum and then listen to determine if there are advantages or short comings. I think the key is adjusting using the resistors to get an apples to apples comparision. I am in the market for a new amp at some point this year and would like to take the challenge. Unfortunately, where I live it is hard to find somebody with a tube amp set-up or even a dealer that sells this type of amp. Hi Fi dealers in upstate NY are not very plentiful. All of my friends are solid state users and not many of them are into it enough to care.

Martin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message