Home » Audio » Speaker » Building YOUR single driver speaker:
Re: Building YOUR single driver speaker: [message #19852 is a reply to message #19848] Fri, 19 March 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Martin,
Thanx for the pointer on the lowther models. Since you have obviously had experience with both Fostex & Lowther, your views on the differences between them are meaningful. Based on your website, it seems the lowthers are more revealing. I guess it would help me & others if you could further elaborate on the following, based on your experience:
1. Many people on the web say lowthers are not great for a BR design, that they need horns. A Qts of 0.33 for the PM6C is not too bad though. Have you ever built a BR box for a lowther that has been satisfactory?

2. Does a well designed TL box, as described on on your website give better bass than a well designed BR box? I read somewhere else that a TL design does that, but i haven;t really gotten into the theory. I suspect a lot of us, starting out on a project, would like to know this, since the cost of the TL and the BR would be about the same. Further, how would this compare to a "simple" horn design...i'm thinking like a front firing horn.

3. Finally, i have read on the net that lowthers have high variances in manufacturing. Have you found quality to be an issue in Lowthers, versus Fostexes?

thanx!
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message