Home » Audio » Speaker » Rationale for single driver speakers
Re: Rationale for single driver speakers [message #19709 is a reply to message #19706] Sat, 17 January 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ed Schilling is currently offline  Ed Schilling
Baron
Adrian,
I agree. I did not mean to imply anything but rather post why/how "I" came to the single driver table. And that ultimately, what matters is how things sound to you. Yep, there are many ways to "get there". I doubt there is a "best", well at least a "best" that works for everyone. Then again, there is that one little speaker......................
Ed
BTW.......crossovers....whew, now that is a subject that I really dislike! I tweaked a x-over for over 2 years once! Damn near made me insane. Every change was for the better......well, until I undid the change and then that was better too. Changing slopes improved them also until I went back to the old one. What a nightmare....just choosing the brand of caps was trouble...and then of course I had to try what I did not choose. Which led to different types of inductors.........I am having flash backs already. By the time it was over I had "improved" a very good speaker (an MTM TL, Dynaudio drivers) to the point that it sucked.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Whiteley Stentorian HF-1012's
Next Topic: Difference between studio monitors and home speakers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 15:08:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio