Home » Audio » Speaker » part out Valencias & build NorthCreek or Pi? or keep Valencias?
Re: part out Valencias & build NorthCreek or Pi? or keep Valencias? [message #18940 is a reply to message #18939] Wed, 20 September 2006 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
geaugafletcher is currently offline  geaugafletcher
Chancellor
Ok, let's go with 21" square by 42" high. Still pretty big, but I think it's now more a matter of physically fitting in the room - aesthetically fitting will happen later.

For home theater purposes, the quality of sound isn't as critical, but for two-channel listening, it'll be classical and I'd like them to work well in that setting. Accuracy, smooth response, etc. are very important, moreso than power (although that'd be nice, too). In my experience so far, sealed systems sound better than ported, but I'm open minded. The Valencia cabinets are ported and sound better than anything else I've owned...

Isn't classical music the most demanding? Dynamic range, frequency range, soundstage, fine detail and power all together...

I'm pretty sure the LF drivers are 416-8A. 8B and 8C have an Fs around 25hz, so I assume the 8A is somewhere around there.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message