Home » Audio » Speaker » part out Valencias & build NorthCreek or Pi? or keep Valencias?
Re: part out Valencias & build NorthCreek or Pi? or keep Valencias? [message #18919 is a reply to message #18918] Fri, 15 September 2006 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GM is currently offline  GM
Viscount
Oh well.........

LOL! No, it stands for Mass Loaded Transmission Line, a more technically correct way to decribe vented pipe designs that historically were usually referred to as a 'tower' or 'column' style speaker.

Nothing fancy, just a fairly simple design that can be either two isolated compartments or a single compartment if either the depth can be increased to 17.5 - 18" or a small cap is added to the rear to cover the end of the horn driver since it will require a clearance hole in the cab's rear panel. The basic layout of the components would be per pg. 20's '800 Hz VOTT' layout except with the vent down near/at the bottom of the much taller ~42" high cab.

I don't do drawings, but if you decide to go one of these routes I can fluff out the rest of the details.

GM

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message