Home » Audio » Speaker » System Improvement
Re: System Improvement [message #18787 is a reply to message #18782] Sun, 25 June 2006 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You guys can laught all you want, but I installed one in the receptacle that my system's power conditioner is plugged into, and my 3 Pi Theater speakers immediately sounded like they had taken on another half octave of bass extension. Recordings old and new sounded fresher, more immediate—more like real music, less like reproductions. The highs became more pristine and extended, with no hint of euphonic rolloff. There was greater clarity throughout the bass region, too, with string bass, bass guitar, timpani, and bass drum better defined. Resolution was enhanced; I was able to hear subtle details that had previously been merely hinted at or even obscured. Instrumental and vocal timbres became more distinctive, and spatial definition was enhanced, the soundstage expanding laterally and in depth. This increase in resolution was not at the cost of reduced smoothness or musicality. Although I could hear more of the recording artifacts, such as added reverb, they were not distracting; music continued to hold center stage. The glass of box wine I had poured earlier began to taste more like a Saint-Emelion grand cru, and my wife, who was sitting on the couch next to me actually began looking sexy to me, so I sent her to the other room so I wouldn't be distracted from the music.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FredT -MLTL Bipole speaker impressions
Next Topic: Line Array versus Point Source Kits
Goto Forum: