Home » Audio » Speaker » New Pic & Observations
Re: New Pic & Observations [message #18005 is a reply to message #17998] Sat, 25 June 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Wife's been in Boston this week, so I have not had much of a chance to play.

I know what you mean by some CD's sounding like shit. The first time I went to Ron's house I took some "audiophile" Cds along. About 5 seconds into the first recording, I was actually embarased by the sound. What sounded good on my system was anything but.

I'm just not blown over by the bass of the 416. I suspect I've just been accustomed to over-bloated (not accurate) bass reproduction. Alos, my 416 still have very few hours on them, and I suspect are still breaking in. Don't get me wrong. I love the sound.

The horns do reproduce a sax like no other combination I've heard. I love the sax (used to play) and I know what one should sound like.

I know exactly what you mean by TONS of sound in the room. Good, ain't it

I told Ron this is the best system I have ever heard, and could not imagine anything better, at least for my needs. He assured me I WILL be changing; this is just the first step.

I'm not changing anything until: 1) I get my SE 811-10 tube amp up and running. I have 50% of the parts ordered, and the remaining should be selected this weekend. Shit, this project got expensive very quickly; and 2) I got the green light from the wife to start finishing the basement. I have about 2000sf to complete and, honestly, this will take about a year. The basement will include a pool area, library, full kitchen, full bath with walk-in shower and sauna, small HT, dedicated listening room (9' x 13' x 22')and office. How are you with a hammer and nail?......Colin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message