Home » Audio » Speaker » Pictures from yesterday's high efficiency spkr listening event
Re: Pictures from yesterday's high efficiency spkr listening event [message #16825 is a reply to message #16821] Sun, 15 August 2004 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I believe the general consensus was that the Eros MK2 was the best speaker by far. One participant who has built a Northcreek Rhythm/Revelatior (a similar design with higher quality drivers) stated unequivocally that the Eros sounded better than the Norhtcreek design. Another participant who has heard both concurred. The Eros is better than any of the other we listened to in bass power and extension, and midrange and treble clarity. This should come as not surprise. Wayne J is a very competent crossover designer and the MK2 version is a product of several interim tweaks and redesigns to achieve the best possible sound from a speaker in this price range. Also, the drivers are not handicapped by any attempt to play full range or to be highly efficient as with some of the other speakers we heard.

The actual event was more of a social gathering than a serious evaluation exercise, so I'm not sure what else I can say about it. These things are fun and noisy, but not a good place for critical listening.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: M
Next Topic: Fostex FE166, 167 or 168?