Home » Audio » Speaker » sensitivity question
Re: It's probably a midrange thing. [message #16335 is a reply to message #16324] Fri, 09 April 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The EV's definately sound louder when using one of each. To center the image requires turning the balance control almost all the way over toward the Heresy.
As for sound quality, I could live with either. The Heresy's have what could almost be described as a sizzling midrange/treble, even with the mid-range driver set to the lower autoformer setting in the crossover. I heard one person describe this as a "frying bacon" sound playing with the music. This is the only complaint I have with the Heresy's, which, so far, I haven't been able to tweek out. It's more noticable with some types music then other types. The EV's have a wider image and subjectively sound "smoother", but don't have quite as good of transient detail, which seem to be their only real fault. I would love to have a speaker with all the good points of these two and none of the faults. Don't ask for much, do I!

Dave :^)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message