Home » Audio » Speaker » FINISHED basshorn plans!
TEASER [message #16311 is a reply to message #16310] Fri, 09 April 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm going to try to post some stuff this weekend on the π Speakers forum.

Midrange horn

Here's a little teaser. I really like it, it sounds great and it's easy to build. I've actually found some unintended additional applications that are pretty exciting to me. As you know, I planned this for use with a Delta 10 or JBL 2012 or 2123. I've drawn up a cabinet that's nice for use with many π speakers; You can use it as an add-on upgrade for existing speakers or install it right off the bat on new speaker systems. I've also drawn up plans for a cabinet that sits flush on top of a Klipschorn or Klipschorn clone.

But something occured to me when I was testing, and that was to use an Alpha 10 on this horn in a little mini-VOTT kind of cabinet of about 5 cubic feet, rear chamber port-tuned to 35Hz. Put a nice wood horn on top and make the cabinet shape so that it can be used against a wall or in a corner. That makes the horn smooooth, and the large cabinet makes bass response deep. It has a shelved response, but with corner loading, not only does the midrange horn become smoother and deeper, but bass is assisted by the boundary conditions too.

Conceptualized eight π loudspeaker

It's a pretty cool little deal that I'm planning to call an eight π speaker. I've got some more work to do, and with all the other stuff on my plate, it's going pretty slowly. But the horn itself is done and now I've just got to document everything and write it up.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: seriers crossovers
Next Topic: Guess what kind of speakers I built this week?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 20:37:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio