Home » Audio » General » Beliefs
Re: Beliefs [message #1630 is a reply to message #1626] Thu, 05 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree. The recording process is the next frontier. But please allow for the instinct of the design artist who manipulates the intangibles. What I notice is; So many of the most recent efforts seem to result in the drive to isolate aspects of the sound to the point that music is defined and compartmentalised into a progressively more narrow presentation.
I think that is the result of 2x tests that by design require the participants to seperate out the more obvious artifacts.
Now they record all this pop jazz to sound good on the hyper-revealing speakers; but those same speakers become irritating when called upon to resolve very complicated recordings as the music developes this etched quality that real music doesn't have.It seems they lose that organic tunefullness that you hear in real life.
That is why I listen to music and that seems to be what is removed when these issues are addressed in this manner.
I don't know; maybe it's the regressive fallacy raising it's ugly head but I know what sounds like music.
Thanks for your attention to this thread.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: November 2005 Vacuum Tube Valley Southern California Audio Festival
Next Topic: Components beliefs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 20:45:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout