Home » Audio » Speaker » The Tuba 24 Compact Folded Horn Sub.
Re: The Tuba 24 Compact Folded Horn Sub. [message #16227 is a reply to message #16225] Sun, 14 March 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bill Fitzmaurice is currently offline  Bill Fitzmaurice
Grand Master
The plans are available only in AudioXPress magazine at this point. I do have the right to sell them outright but I generally won't do so until at least 6 months after publication; since the magazine has been kind enough to go to the expense of publishing my work they deserve the opportunity to recoup on their investment before the plans are made available from another source.

This box is designed to use a ten inch woofer. The prototype uses an Eminence Beta 10, which is quite inexpensive, though many other woofers will also work. It is intended for maximum SPL and extension from the smallest box size and least amount of input power possible, so drivers of better than 200 watts capability are neither required nor necessarily desired.

Your technician is correct- most bass energy is contained in the 2nd harmonic band between 60 and 100 Hz, not in the fundamental range an octave down from that.

The overall mouth size of a horn array affects SPL more than it does the low frequency limit of the array. The low frequency limit is primarily affected by horn length, so achieving a particular Fc at a particular SPL is dependant on both mouth size and path length, not by mouth size alone.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message