Home » Audio » Speaker » Horn throat+SPL meter arrived. Measuring methods?
Re: Horn throat+SPL meter arrived. Measuring methods? [message #15973 is a reply to message #15972] Thu, 01 January 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Sure, SW is very easy. You might not need to use it though, if all you want is a couple of SPL readings at various freqs. SW would be great to see how your room is creating the boost at the low freqs, it could help you in your sub positioning (or seat positioning, seeing as its a cornerhorn so its limited to that area).

I checked out the video you did. Nice to see you put it under a folder called "bs" in your FTP :P Anyway, next time use sine waves, and also set it to the "Slow" setting. I got no doubt that its loud (being a basshorn), but you need to do this so its accurate.

Can't wait to see your LAB12 horn!

Finally my internet and email and stuff is back up working today. I paid for my internet four days ago, the slack guys at my ISP couldn't be bothered updating accounts over the christmas break :@ Over the four days I had accumulated 130 spam mails in my inbox too, so I had a lot of deleting to do today :P

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stereophile Jan 2004 Issue reviews two single driver speakers
Next Topic: DIYWisconsin inquiry