Home » Audio » General » Components beliefs
Re: Components beliefs [message #1566 is a reply to message #1564] Tue, 03 May 2005 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
You wrote:

"Now the reply will attribute that too phsycological effects but I will disagree. I have no axe to grind favoring the more expensive or complicated equipment; I am too long in this hobby to fall prey to easy explanations like that."

Whenever I see comments like that I have to reply; I am too long in this "profession" to fall prey to easy explanations like that.

Of course your experience is psychological (sp!), you don't mean to imply that there is a physical reason for your reaction do you? I know of no one else who suffers this peculiar malady, do you? I mean even if you did, that's still two in a billion or so people who listen to audio systems.

The one thing that is certain in the audio world (or any other world for that matter) is that there is no explaination for the unique personal experience. I can't explain yours any more than I could explain anyone elses, and I won't try. I can say with some certainty that in a double blind audio experiment there would not likely be a single other experience like yours. And even if there was, one in a large sample is considered an "outlier" and is usually just ignored.

Enjoy your LP's and tube amps. I hope they continue to cure your problem.

Earl

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Beliefs
Next Topic: To All the Dear Mothers of You Mutha's...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 09:35:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio