Home » Audio » General » Components beliefs
Re: Components beliefs [message #1564 is a reply to message #1563] Tue, 03 May 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree on the looks aspect; it corrupts the whole concept of acquiring the best sound for the money since appearance=most of the cost of retail equipment.
Can you address this issue for me. I hear many speakers I like and can listen to for long periods without getting irritated; and anyone of them would suffice to provide good music in my home.
However my CD player gets irritating after long periods; so I switch to vinyl. Trading my equipment for a cheaper less well engineered table always results in the return of irritation.
My point; Any of those good speakers can be enjoyed but without the right front-end I get irritated. Cheap amps do it too. Soon as the good amp goes back in I can drift along with the music again.
Now the reply will attribute that too phsycological effects but I will disagree. I have no axe to grind favoring the more expensive or complicated equipment; I am too long in this hobby to fall prey to easy explanations like that.
How do you see this end of the discussion?
I feel a good table/arm with some decent amps will make music with any of a dozen properlly designed speakers; but the reverse does not always ring true.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Beliefs
Next Topic: To All the Dear Mothers of You Mutha's...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 03:36:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio