Home » Audio » Speaker » Wharfedale D-60E
Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15277 is a reply to message #15276] Sat, 24 June 2006 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I see; maybe I am thinking of something else. Mine came in a ported box. Inside there was Three drivers; two oil caps and a couple coils as crossovers. The drivers had cloth surrounds and alnico mags. I agree with the smooth sound assesment. Very British sounding. It's hard not to like all those speakers from that era across the pond; Spendor/Rogers/B&W/Hartley etc. I still don't think that sound has been significantly bettered in all ways by anything in the current list. They definately have that musicality in spades. Funny but I can compare mine to my Altecs also; but we know the Altecs have a lot of energy in the upper mids from the 811/806, even though they roll off pretty quickly.
Switching the Valencias into the new carpeted and bigger room with 10 ft ceilings has really made a huge difference in how the Altecs present. I know now they really need a lot of room to sing.
I have to wonder why such different designs sound so right to me. Curious.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ESG1 Can I use it for an array?
Next Topic: Spades for Heresy speaker connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 18:26:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout