Home » Audio » Speaker » New speakers with review!
Re: New speakers with review! [message #15168 is a reply to message #15167] Sat, 14 January 2006 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I heard the prototypes last year, which were a slightly modded Eminence Alpha 12 and a bullet tweeter mounted coaxially. They sounded impressively good. These new drivers are better all around, with a very clean sounding coaxial horn crossed at 3.5 kHz. The designer, Darrel Hawthorne, had these made to spec just for OB use.

I might modestly add that my EV open baffles may have triggered the spark of interest in getting Darrel interested in OB's. He heard them last year at a little mini audio fest at another friends house just South of Lansing. I think he was rather blown away by the OB sound. These new drivers outperform my old EV LS-12's in every way.

I'm amazed at the articulation and smoothness coming out of a 15 inch driver. I don't think I could recommend a better sounding woof/tweet combo for anywhere near the price that would work well in an OB. It's going to be a long time before I switch drivers again.

Dave

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: orions
Next Topic: ANyone hear ever hear phy-p drivers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 04 18:28:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio