Home » Audio » Speaker » Heil Air Motion Transformer speakers
Re: Heil Air Motion Transformer speakers [message #14868 is a reply to message #14600] Sat, 22 January 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bob Fontaine is currently offline  Bob Fontaine
Esquire
Hi: I used the large AMT's in a speaker system for about 5 years. They are extremely clear and coherent. I always thought about "horn without the honk". The system was a transmission line using a Dynaudio 9" woofer. In the beginning the system was 2 way but I felt the dispersion of the AMT's was not good enough for a high quality system above about 8000 hz. I incorpraited a dynaudio tweeter in the system. I experimented a lot with xo points and finally settled on 12 db with the AMT bracketed at 750 and 5000. This proved to be a real winner. I parted with these to a friend only when I moved from Florida back to Indiana after my wife passed away. Properly used, the AMT's are absoloutely superb and handle everything from classical to rock with equal ability. Highly recommemnded if you build a system with quality speakers and especially with a transmission line.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tangband Array & Home theater
Next Topic: 9 fostex f200a in line array
Goto Forum: