Home » Audio » Speaker » SPeaker driver materials: do they matter?
Accuracy versus subjective preference [message #14837 is a reply to message #14836] Sun, 19 December 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI John,
I agree. I think accuracy by definition HAS to be measured. Subjective preference on the other hand has nothing to do with accuracy. For example, some people LIKe more bass than others and EQ their systems accordingly. Does that mean it;s more accurate? Of course not.
I personally LIKE the midrange a bit bumped up. TDoes that mean my system is more accurate? Probably WAYY less accurate than most systems. But it sounds a HECK of a lot better to me than, for example, the very accurate infinity 4.1t speaker I heard, with decent electronics. Of course, I heard arecording I have never heard (Seal) and that may havebeen dead, asmay have been te room (which I thought was too live and bog). But the system did absolutely noting for me: the sound was not rich & meaty the way I leike it.

So, yeah, I think we all agree: accuracy has nothing to do with preference.

Same example with a violin: a stradivarius may or may not measure better than a violin made of aluminum: i am not sure. But it sounds a heck of a lot better.

-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pro Acoustics Speakers???
Next Topic: Decware modded 206's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 15:03:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout