Home » Audio » General » Censorship
Re: Censorship [message #1472 is a reply to message #1470] Thu, 14 April 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
People whose posts have been deleted are welcome to repost in a more reasonable tone.

I think many of us have a problem with posts that are rude or have uncalled for negativity. I know I do. I don't really want this to be an asylum (no pun intended). At least not the single driver forum for sure, which I do moderate.

So if I see a post that I think is rude or has uncalled for negativity, I will delete it, after stating why.

Here is the FIRST part of Forum Rules, reproduced for all our benefit:

No ad hominem attacks or contentious off-topic comments.

We want everyone's experience on AudioRoundTable.com to be a good experience. The idea is to make this a nice place to discuss audio, video and related topics and not a place where personal attacks are seen in every other post. We encourage debate, but the discussion must remain on-topic and cannot be allowed to descend into an escalating exchange of insults. Ad hominem attacks will be deleted, no matter what the reason.

Don't make your arguments too personal, instead, focus on the content of the post rather than the personality of the author. Posts containing overt or covert personal attacks will be deleted. Do not attempt to circumvent this rule by attacking everything about a person - their sound system, their car, their job, their dog, etc. - when the intent is to discredit the person written about.

We don't mind occasional off-topic content, but if you start in on a long discussion about a controversial topic not related to audio, expect to find your posts deleted. Discussions about political matters and the state of the world may be very important, but there are other places for that.
------------end rules excerpt------

The above excerpt more than justifies the deletion of posts if the moderator thinks they are too personal.
Hope this makes sense. The idea is to keep it pleasant for all. There are many other fora on the web for paople to get negative. That's just not going to happen on the single driver forum, at least as long as I am the moderator.

-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can a message be deleted by the author once it has been posted?
Next Topic: Kef T15 tweeter.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 03:26:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout