Home » Audio » Speaker » Heil Air Motion Transformer speakers
Re: Heil Air Motion Transformer speakers [message #14688 is a reply to message #14600] Sat, 14 August 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BubbaJon is currently offline  BubbaJon
Esquire
The Heil AMT's sound terrific. Some people prefer horns or ribbons - personal preferences or availability is the reason I guess. The AMT's are very smooth and they extend down into the mids (like 700 Hz!) making them a good mid/high component and no cabinet concerns since they do not mount inside. It is a concern that you'll have about a 20 lb magnet structure sitting on top. My ESS AMT 1A's are a bear to move around and try to get away from me because they are top-heavy.
The really nice thing is the AMT's seem immune to mass concerns and deliver astonishing presence and detail due to their instantaneous response. You hear detail in vocals and instruments that you simply didn't hear before. Hi-Hats and riders simply sizzle. Personally I think if you can find a pair of the "big" AMT's for $300 or so it would be worth trying if your system is lacking. A comparable ribbon would cost you more, and to my ear horns have a brash and limited sound.
Regards, BubbaJon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tangband Array & Home theater
Next Topic: 9 fostex f200a in line array