Home » Audio » Source » Any recommendations on DVD-A/SACD players?
Sony DVP-NC875V, DVP-NS90V, DVP-NS3100ES/B or DVP-NS9100ES/B [message #14300 is a reply to message #14299] Mon, 06 March 2006 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Recently, I picked up a Sony CD/SACD/DVD player, model DVP-NC875V. I was making a quick purchase to get me going while looking for a quality transport. The multi-player in my second system was getting intermittent, and I was tired of skipping. I didn't want to rush my decision on a better unit, so I bought an inexpensive model, just to get by for a while. But this model sounds surprisingly good, especially for a multi-player. You might want to check one out. With the money you save, you can buy an outboard DAC.

There are other more expensive Sony CD/SACD/DVD models available, so you might look at them too. Sony is definitely a mainsteam manufacturer, and that might not be what some would look to match with other high-end gear, but considering Sony's innovations in the audio disc market, I'd say they probably should be given a fair shot.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Linn Arm and Ortofon Cart
Next Topic: Alternatives to Technics SL-1200
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 14:17:17 CDT 2024