Home » Audio » Source » Rotel 1072
On Second Thought [message #14199 is a reply to message #14198] Thu, 10 March 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
After I posted the above response I dug out some old Absolute Sound mags and and found a review of the Rotel 1072 player (Feb/Mar 2004). Whenever I hear the words Rotel and Adcom I think mid-fi; better than mass market but not "high end", whatever that is. However, in this case, according to the review, the 1072 is one of those overachiever CD players that sells for under 1K but provides 90% of the sound quality of the $3K players - not bad. Maybe you should just leave it as it is and enjoy it. Some believe that upgrades like power cords, cones, better interconnects etc can enhance a player's sound; I don't know.

I'll bring my Scott Nixon DAC to the GPAF and let you try it for the weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rotel sounds just as good without it.

The "claim to fame" of the SN Dac and the Audio Mirror DAC is that they don't use oversampling therefore they don't have a lowpass filter with its typical phase distortion. It's just your CD player's transport feeding the DAC through a digital cable, a buffer stage, then direct thru the interconnects to your preamp.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Im new and Need Help
Next Topic: What stain color/shade on a VPI walnut base?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 03:10:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio