Home » Audio » Source » for manualblock -- Yamaha RP u100
Re: for manualblock -- Yamaha RP u100 [message #14168 is a reply to message #14155] Sat, 01 January 2005 16:20 Go to previous message
George Valcarce is currently offline  George Valcarce
Esquire
Hello,
Chanced upon your Yamaha RP-U100 discussion and thought I'd gime my question a shot...
I also recently purchased one of these units as an interesting solution to my audio needs when using my MAC G4 Cube. The cube has only a usb audio interface and I figured that this would be a better sounding alternative to using the, I think, tinny sounding Apple Pro Speakers. The product page at the Yamaha multimedia products web site included in it's description of the RP's system requirements: "Mac OS 9.1 and above...". As it turns out, the unit I purchased had only the Windows software disc. I've since discovered that Yamaha is no longer supporting this model and has taken the drivers & related software down from all of it's site (Japan included. Hit a dead end... I can still use the unit to play all sound files from the MAC, but have no controls other than the limited ones offered on the receiver itself.
I must sa.y, however, that I am very pleased with the overall quality/sound. Music sounds pretty sweet when played through even a modest pair of Polk R15's and a small Yamaha sub I had.
I was wondering if you might know of any source where I might get a hold of the missing software? I'm currently running OS 10.3 as my main system but, I still have 9.2 installed as well. Any Ideas?
Thanks and heres hoping the coming year is fruitful & serene.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: sony PS-LX250H drive belt
Next Topic: No Volume
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 13 17:34:32 CDT 2024