Home » Audio » Source » Happy New Year! Let's get this party started!
I went against my instinct & bought eqalry 1990s solid state [message #14074 is a reply to message #14065] Sun, 08 February 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hi Everyone,
While most of my audio purchase decisions are rational, sometimes I just go seat of the pants impulse. This happened when i bought my used klipschorns (whcih are actuallt quite awesome) and has happened again, i hope for the better: instead of buying a state of the art dac like the benchmark, i spent the money to buy a museatex cdd transport and a museatex bitstream dac from the early 1990s. I will get them modded from the one guy who mods them later on. I still haven;t gotten them, but will let you know how they sound.
The reason i did this craziness is i realized that analog output is the main deal with dacs, and the initial dac stuff does not do that much.
So i have decided to go this route and see what happens.
good thng is, this combo still sells very well on the web so i can get rid of it if i don't like it! From what i have heard it should be good, esp. after the output stage is modded into class A.
will keep you all posted.
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Turntable Parts
Next Topic: More on DIY turntables The Sandblaster
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 12:01:28 CDT 2024