Home » Audio » Source » Alternatives to Technics SL-1200
Re: Alternatives to Technics SL-1200 [message #12804 is a reply to message #12803] Sun, 19 February 2006 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I would assume they are trying to copy the look in order to get people to look at them. Actually I am not sure why they look alike.
I just picked up a SL 1600 for 90$. Runs like a watch and it came with a new Shure M95 ed. Only have it for three weeks so I can't attest to it's logetivity but; so far so good. They are out there and pretty cheap.
The SL 1600 series is the same arm as the SL 1200. And it has the pitch control. I am not so thrilled that it is semi-automatic; I may disable that feature. But it sounds real nice.
I only bought it because I want to try the silicon paddle modification to the arm and the DC speed controller outboard. Something to play with.
One thing I forgot to address. If you have a lot of albums that kind of tweaks the equation some; you want to preserve them if possible and that means a good arm is a neccessary.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Any recommendations on DVD-A/SACD players?
Next Topic: Technics SL-23....does it have a pre-amp?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 13:52:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio