Home » Audio » Source » Turntable Thoughts
Re: What about that Audio Note IQ? [message #12763 is a reply to message #12761] Thu, 02 February 2006 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; a very short exposure sounded very nice; smooth and detailed. Then several conversations with people I trust who like it and the general quality of all of the AN stuff is what my recommendation is based on. The IQ I believe is around 300$ but maybe we can get a more accurate price on here. Just so you know the IQ is loosely based on the Goldring cartridge except it has I believe better winding and a different stylus; like a modified Goldring. One of the reasons I looked at the AN originally is due to the fact that I lived with a Goldring for a couple years and liked it. Bass-heavy and won't track the high levell on the HFNRR tester but nice sound overall. With the improvements made to the stock unit it has to be a winner.
Tough choices; all in the 250/300$ range. I go by my tonearm which is pretty massive and I think that is why the Denon works well in that arm. On that you would have to consult AN regarding their opinions on arm compatibility.
I like the idea of equipment from the same manufacturer also.
Like Wayne likes the Rega in his Rega/ makes sense to me.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problems with turntable's ground wires, help needed.
Next Topic: greeting from Canuckville
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 01 23:15:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout