Home » Audio » Source » Dual CS508 Sounds terrible
Re: Dual CS508 Sounds terrible [message #12402 is a reply to message #12400] Tue, 02 August 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jsmith is currently offline  Jsmith
Chancellor
Good thing I know a few nurses I have worked out alot of the bugs with this thing.. I dont think the previous owner knew a thing about turntable setup as the tracking was setup all wrong. And thats bad coming from a table amature like myself. I am working solely from information i find online, so forgive my lack of experience. There seems to be a problem with the RCA plugs, I have a few laying around from my last amp build and will change those. Let me be a little more specific as to the sound I am experiencing... The highs seem too bright and the mids are all wrong. Bass is there and relitivly balanced but somewhat muffled and without life. It basically sounds like i downgraded to an extremly cheap pair of speakers. The imaging is awful, sounds almost like dual mono at best. Ill get back with what i find with the stethoscope, this unit doesn't have a floating chassis but i can get to the bearing assembly cover relitivly easy if i were to suspend it on something.. Thanks for reading my posts.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Well, anyway Shure vs. Ortophon
Next Topic: What Shakespeare said about vinyl and digital.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 01 21:19:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio