Home » Audio » Source » Great tool for phono playback
Re: Great tool for phono playback [message #12360 is a reply to message #12359] Sat, 16 July 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, I've never heard one, but have been in this hobby long enough ( recently received invitation to join aarp) to have seen several devices go by like this. I have always been suspicious of them, figuring there is no way to improve the basic signal, adding to or taking from only, which I view as distortion. That being said, I have seen a lot of hoopla from those that should know about a d/a converter, A/DIO or something like that, which incorporates a tube output stage with some sort of knob that varies the amount of "tube sound" and people were loving them. I guess I'm too much of a purist, I still won't allow anything but 2 channel in my house, with the one exception of a cambridge media sound system on my computer which uses 2 front, 2 rear and a tiny subwoofer.Home theater? Two Altec A7s with 60-70 watts of tube power. I don't need no stinking 5.1!

Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message