Home » Audio » Source » Shure V 15Vxmr initial disappointment. Help needed!
Re: Shure V 15Vxmr initial disappointment. Help needed! [message #12346 is a reply to message #12340] Thu, 14 July 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I like the Shure myself. I was wondering what the questioner had his pre-amp cartridge loaded at, it may have an impact on his problem.
I find it hard to review cartridges basically; there are just so many variables from table/arm/pre-amp set-up; cables not to mention the rest of the system. So my point is when trying to diagnose problems from afar I seek to simplify the issue as much as possible. Just my way of trying to make it as easy as possible for the basics of troubleshooting to be experienced on the most universal level available.
This poster went from a MC1 turbo known to have a rising high end to a Shure that is much smoother up top. I thought maybe he might deal with that first.
But hey; what do I know, I listen to a twenty yr old Empire MC Gold. Or a Denon DL 103 not known for tremendous resolution capabilities. Sometimes the Fidelity Research goes into the arm also.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: See warning in digital section about Sony CDs