Home » Audio » Source » High End Tonearms/ Moerch Tonearms
Re: High End Tonearms/ Moerch Tonearms [message #12219 is a reply to message #12218] Mon, 06 June 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, retrofitting some existing company's power supply is a good idea. I saw an AR table on the vinyle nirvana site that used a linn basik power supply. Speed stability as well as some sort of filtering I presume. The origin live kit, while not cheap seems nice, and I like the idea of the dc motor. There is also an AR turntable on the same aforementioned site that has one of these rigs. Extremely stable and vibration free motor. With the exception of a moerch arm dropping in my lap, and a few other carts, (after all, the arm and cart, as well as the interconnect, could be transferred to any table) the motor / power supply is about as far as I can see taking this table. Adding all I've spent, I could have bought I good used linn ( w/o mods ) so its got to end somewhere. H-M-M-M I could use a "store bought" wall mount turntable rack to replace my home depot shelf bracket and mdf board. For those of you that don't have spiked systems and cement floors, this is the cheapest jaw dropper out there. Have to "sneak up" on your table? Now you can jump up and down right in front of it, and instant sound improvement. For the cost of the two cheap metal shelf brackets it should be tried. I'll search for some poer supplys. I know I've seen sites with clone armmagedons, etc. I had read a post in some forum
a while back where the conversation was that the motor used by one of the big outfits, maybe origin live, could be aquired from Grainger, and they were trying to sort out who made it and which model it was. Others were cannibalizing CD ROMS and using the motor and power supply from them. Interesting.

Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Important information for Hemorrh errrr Dynavector buyers