Home » Audio » Source » High End Tonearms/ Moerch Tonearms
Re: High End Tonearms/ Moerch Tonearms [message #12210 is a reply to message #12209] Thu, 02 June 2005 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Moerch(I can't make that little line thing through the O) was demonstrated at one of the Audio Society meetings and I took a trip to audition it at Audio Advancements, but that is my sum total of experience and yes I agree it works with the sprung suspension; But hearing it both ways( and that is not really a comparison to speak of), I preffered the solid base.

Your table sounds great; it has been a while since I have heard a black widow and I am always a fan of the Shure, what a combination for that table. I always appreciated that nice full, round, detailed sound with that black background that the modified AR's always had. I have one in the basement that I did some of the Merrill mods to; for anyone not exposed to a modded AR they have a real sweet fat tone that is unique to that table; issat so Russell? I guess thats why Linn copied the AR. When I hear some of the big end stuff that resolves like crazy, I still don't think they can do music as well as the AR/Linn/ Thorens TD 160 super, tables.
Did you do the springs and sub-platter? What motor are you using or looking to get? And power supply; have you considered making one for the table? And is your stock motor the A.W. Haydon?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Important information for Hemorrh errrr Dynavector buyers
Next Topic: Air Tangent 2002 Tonearm