Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » possible group build
to blazes with simple [message #10907 is a reply to message #10906] Mon, 20 December 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
On the all valve: The PS should remain shunt regulated,and it will probably be fairly easy. A single pentode configured as a curent regulator to feed the VR tubes is about as simple as the MOSFET version.

The Amplifier active loads are not so easy with a pentode. The g2 circuit in parallel with the plate is the issue( as I see it now ). Sooooo, how about a cascoded pair of triodes? Series curent path and high AC impedance, and still able to retain the mu-follower's signal output. It would probably be best to use a cascoded MOSFET CCS to generate the Ec2, but that would be th extent of it, and that is two DN3545N3 and three resistors...

I have heard another all valve, regulated linestage and it was really good. this should be able to match or better its performance with a simple signal path like my hybrid.

I have another in the planning stage to use the 10Y as the amplifier valve, and this PS and load idea is how it will get done. It will have a few more valves sticking up through the top, but that's OK with me.

You heard it here first!

Of course I'd keep the 816-rectified, L-C unregulated supply...
regards,
Douglas
!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2A3 Upgrade (Paramour)
Next Topic: A pentode on the input circuit...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 13:19:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio